Straw Bale Houses

• Hello. I've just begun planning the construction of a straw bale home and am intersted in any insights anyone has to share about all aspects of the process. I'm in Iowa and will be building on a slightly sloping, northeast facing lot with timber behind the house, a small lake in front. Thanks!

• I have a question for anybody to weigh in on.

I live in Sacramento CA and currently there is NOT a network of natural builders. There's one person I know of working with Cob, there are 2 strawbale homes in the 5 surrounding counties, and a few faux finishers who've tentatively branched into earthen paint and plaster.

My haunch is that this will grow but it needs water. I want to pioneer a Sacramento/central valley natural building network with a few goals in mind.

To form a cooperative of builders/artisans who are committed to building naturally,
    To start a school/class where the skills can be shared with a new generation and with eachother.
    To work with structural engineers to give these building methods credibility with inspectors.
    And to educate the public of the safety, beauty, and durability, of a well built natural home.

This is alot to do and I have never ever tried such a thing before. Any advice from people who've successfully created a movement in their community?

• Admiring the hard work you put into your website and in depth ifoormatinn you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Wood houses - Resources

Wood houses - Resources
Build your wood house while protecting nature and the environment. This is the update of selected resources on environmentally friendly houses made of wood, the major building material that's renewable and sustainable over the long term.